Defy Functional Fitness’s Grand Opening event is fast approaching. We are very excited to fully open our facility after a successful soft opening period. The community that is building here at Defy is something very special. People are coming together from Leaside and surrounding areas to improve their fitness and Get Better At Life.
It is very rewarding to see a vision start to grow into a reality. Michelle and I are very excited
Social gatherings are what strengthens a community and we will fully embrace that mentality as we continue to grow. That is why we are holding this event for the Grand Opening. I want to use this blog to explain the who the what and the why.
As you may have seen on social media already, we have a huge list of prizes that will be used in our raffle. Defy Functional Fitness has partnered with Make A Wish Canada and we will do most of our fundraising for this charity going forward. Michelle has had patients who have benefitted from this great charity which is why we would like to offer our support.
All the money raised from the day will go to the charity and the more tickets purchased the more we can help. So please, invite any of your friends or family and let’s see how much we can raise.
So, on the day day of the event we will have a couple of different activities on offer:
- 6AM – some of our members will tackle an epic endurance challenge in the form of either a 50km row or 100km bike. Both done on the Concept2 machines. Have a read of this blog post about why we are doing this challenge.
- 8:30AM – Time for everyone to arrive, meet each other and have a look around the gym
- 9AM – we will start our Community Workout. This will be a large workout in teams of 3. It will be accessible to all abilities so bring your friend along
- 10AM – the endurance challenge and the community workout will be finishing
- 10:30 – Time for food, coffee, socialize and try your hand at some quick fire fitness challenges
- 11:00 – We will draw our raffle
- 11:30 – Finish
If you plan to attend, please register here on Facebook so we have an idea of the numbers.
Have a look below at the list of prizes and the companies that have donated to the event, we are extremely grateful to everyone who has contributed to the raffle:
Defy Functional Fitness – 1 YEAR FREE MEMBERSHIP!
Lit Espresso Bar – Coffee for the event
Maple Leaf Sports – Prize TBA (Raptors merchandise)
Toronto Rock – 4 tickets to any regular season home game
NIKU Farms – $100 meat box
Shaughnessy Family Chiro – Wellness package
Blonyx – 1x HMB+CREATINE and 1x BETA ALANINE
Evan Hill and Isagenix – 3x supplement packs
Greenhouse Juice Co. – a $40 Gift Card
Longo’s – a $20 Gift Card
Kicking Horse Coffee – Coffee gift basket
RX bar – 2 boxes of Chocolate Sea Salt bars
As you can see, there is something for everyone in this draw. Please help us by spreading the word, sharing this link to our Facebook event page and bringing along your friends.
This is a great way to kick of 2019 and continue to grow this awesome community at Defy Functional Fitness.
Have a great day